Edited By:Maggie Weldon
All Rights Reserved Copyright 2010
Place Mat – 17″ wide x 11″ long and Hot Plate – 8″ across
Materials: Size 10 Crochet Thread: White – 450 yds (412 m) Orange – 450 yds (412 m) Thread Needle, 163 Bottle Caps (126- Place Mat, 37- Hot Plate Mat)
Crochet Hook:Steel size 7 (1.65 mm)
|Maggies Free Crochet Pattern – Magic Mats|
BOTTLE CAP COVERS
Rnd 1: (Right Side) Starting at center, ch 4, 19 dc in 4th ch from hook; join to top of ch-4 (20 dc)
Rnd 2: Ch 1, 2 sc in same st as joining, * sc in next 4 dc, 2 sc in next dc; rep from * around; join with sl st to first sc. (24 sc)
Rnds 3-6: Ch 1, sc in each sc around; join.
Rnd 7: Ch 3, (dc in next sc) around; join. Finish off leaving long end.
– Insert bottle cap in wrong side of cover, solid side of cap to front.
– Using long end, sew up opening by gathering last round, pulling tight and fastening.
– Make and cover 58 White and 68 Orange bottle caps.
– Using diagram below as a guide, sew covered caps together.
– Make and cover 13 White and 24 Orange bottle caps.
– Using picture as guide, sew covered caps together.